Friday 10 January 2014

WHAT IS OUR GREATEST COMMITMENT?

 What if we made a commitment that is wrong or unethical inadvertently which totally goes against our values and conscience? That is the time to reevaluate whether or not to go forward. 

COMMITMENT TO VALUES
 Loyalties cannot be bought, they are earned. And to whom do we owe loyalties? Is it individuals or organizations? The answer is none of them. We owe loyalties to values. Where the value system is conflicting, people cannot live in the same home, they cannot work in the same organization. When a person makes a commitment of loyalty to either an individual or an organization, what is he really saying? He is saying, "I stand by you because I believe in what you believe in." 
What if the person I am committed to, be it a leader, spouse, employer, employee becomes a spy for an enemy country? Do I continue my support because I committed earlier? Absolutely not. I am not committed to support unethical and illegal behavior.
 Unkept commitments lead to:
  •  Broken homes 
  • Abandoned children 
  • Poor relationships
  •  High stress levels
  • Guilt 
  • Unfulfilled life 
  • Loss of business
  •  Isolation 
  • Depression
Make a commitment and stay committed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment